View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2016, 12:19 AM   #1
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
1 thing I don't understand about track photographers (#1 will blow your mind)

Okay, this is a bit of a rant.

I don't understand why track photographers work the way they do. Now that I've been to some track days, have gone to CSS a number of times, and talked with a few people who've gone to other organizations there seems to be a consistent pattern:

Photographers get out for the first few sessions and then skip the end of the day.

This really bugs me. The start of the day is when you're at your most conservative, when you're feeling things out, when your lines aren't right yet. If you're only going to photograph for half the day, I'd rather it be the second half.

Now, I understand some reasons for this -- photographers who sell 'on site' often use the back half of the day to process and display the photos to riders so they can make some sales. It makes sense. But it still bothers me. I'm not sure what to do about it though. Should I talk to the photographers about it? I don't want to be a bitch or anything.

Sorry, ramble over.
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.