Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
..........During the ride, I tend to squirm around a lot, stretching everything I can constantly...........
I very much appreciate your detailed explanation, Teri.
I need your help and suggestions.

The reason I have asked is my interest on making some of my last trips as long as yours.
As you know, I have no much more time to ride safely, although my physical condition and endurance is still very good (I regularly exercise and swing long distances).

I need to go to NY state more than once, and have been planning on it and even contemplating the undertaking of a 1,000 mile plus ride in 24 hours (SaddleSore 1000).
Maybe my wife will decide being my passenger for that round trip (in a bigger bike), who knows?
We have done it by driving our car, splitting in two days and taking a full night of sleep in a motel halfway.

I am still confused about the leaving and arriving times, combined with traffic (rush hours close to big cities) and resting/sleeping times.
I can stay awake for more than 24 hours, but I am not so sure when combined with riding.
I know that I can ride 10 hours straight, but I am not sure about 20, including night and day hours and fighting some sections with heavy traffic, rain, etc.

Maybe I could ride 10 hours, sleep 4 hours (during night hours) in my tend by the side of the road, and then conclude with the last 10 hours?
Rest a couple of days in NY and then repeat everything (except more time to rest) in the trip back?

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote