View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2017, 11:19 AM   #2106
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
7 AM, I'm taking a nap on the Q train on my way to Brooklyn.
Scumbag b̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ dude walked off the train with my bicycle, 10 other passengers within the train car didn't say a word.
I ran after the prep, grabbed my bike from him and got back on the train before doors closed, didn't have enough time push the intercom button to stop the train & go after the scumbag.
I'll be looking out for him for sure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

The best way to deal with the scumbags in my area is to scream at them. They're all ****ing cowards and crumple at the slightest confrontation. Make sure you have the law and some force to back yourself up, though. A heavy u-lock isn't a bad choice, but I usually prefer a can of mace. I don't have anything to prove to some scabby dude other than that I'm not going to let him destroy and steal my stuff, so ending the confrontation as quickly as I start it is the way to go. Can't say how to deal with them in your area, though. Confrontation is usually a pretty terrible idea. But I'm in California, where thieves and criminals are pretty well protected. Naturally, I'm much scarier than the police. From what I hear, Brooklyn is similar. Take it for what it's worth.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote