View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2014, 12:15 PM   #5
flitecontrol
ninjette.org guru

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): Rebel 250s, Ninja 250s VN750s (currently nine total)

As the owner of several Rebel 250's, I can say they are highway capable, and the engine is pretty much bulletproof. Mine will do 75 top speed, and lighter riders report higher speeds. You won't hit top speed in a quarter mile, but it will get there. Hills will require a downshift and if steep and long enough, are going to slow the bike.

Pretty sure the Johnny Pag line went out of business a few years back. From what little I know of them, they were better than most Chinese made motorcycles. Some parts may be interchangeable with the Rebel 250, but certainly not all. It is a Chinese copy of the Rebel with a longer front end.

You'd be better off with a Rebel IMO. Used parts are readily available and new ones as well. The Rebel was made from 1985-87 (first generation) and 1996 to present. There are some minor differences between the two generations, but most parts between generations, and all parts within generations are interchangeable.

I know a guy who has over 100,000 miles on his '87 Rebel 250. Pretty good testament to their reliability.
flitecontrol is offline   Reply With Quote