View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2014, 07:33 AM   #10
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Great vids. Looks fun. I do the same thing on my MTB. I have to pedal though! In some ways it looks tougher riding an mx bike. Haven't done it before, but I'm guessing you have to muscle it around things: which isn't difficult with even a heavy mtb, but an MX bike - that must take some work. I guess you can absorb some of the stuff I have to go around, using your giant shocks. I want to try it when I have the money. My current set of hobbies already eats through my paychecks though.

Looked all good to me. I was surprised those quad riders in the first video didn't just let you pass. I always let people that fly up behind me (rare!) pass if I'm holding them up.
You really don't muscle the bike around to much, really just point and shoot , after that let the bike go where it wants for the most part and that ties in with the absorbing rocks ect... There really isn't much of anything you cant just ride over especially if you have the skills. On more powerful bikes you really just give some throttle and float the front tire over most everything then absorb with the rear and your body, Only things I make it a point to try to avoid are stray/rouge roundish rocks bigger than soft ball size on hardpack smooth trails, they really give you a good buck especially at speed

Dirt riding is tiring and can be exhausting if things are not going your way and you have drops or frequent stalls in difficult areas. The bike you are on has a lot to do with it as well. Smaller bikes are easy to ride, and don't wear you out quite as much, the bigger bikes 250 2strokes and 450 4strokes and up wear you out because you literally have to hang on sometimes, and with all bikes your legs will get tired as you stand a fair bit with your butt just off the seat helping with absorbing impacts ect...

It's really great fun, It's nice to finally see a video of some of my riding but I still think its crazy how slow and boring it all looks from the camera What you don't see is me legs flailing about trying to keep the rear end stable coming out of the turns, coming into an unexpected non burmed turn way to hot and steering the bike in with the rear end praying the front stays hooked up, it's really never a dull moment.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.