Old November 19th, 2017, 02:57 PM   #18
jp8484
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBraap View Post
Going euro on me Jac?

JacRyan has the best advice. In addition, what you're talking about with corner stability and "fast" around the corner has to do with 2 things.

1. You, as the rider ultimately determines how fast you are on any given bike. Improve your skills and get seat time to improve that, and all that costs is time and gas, and a well maintained bike.

2. Stability of the bike does have to do with suspension as well as rider skill, that being said the 2nd gen has an adjustable rear shock. Youtube or google how to set up your rear preload to your weight. Especially on this bike you can do it 100% on your own, but it is nice to have someone there to help. All that'll cost you is the price of a spanner wrench. This will help to make you feel more confident while riding, especially cornering. It won't necessarily improve your riding, but it will improve your ride and help confidence. I'd say learn the everything you can about your bike as it is first, improve your rider skill, and then when you start exceeding your bike's abilities improve or upgrade. The Ninja 250 is pretty versatile, and it's limits are pretty far out there, plus its cheap which is why it's a popular choice for race organizations as a class of it's own.

Last, the best thing to really improve the bike and help you develop skill, and this applies to cars and bikes, is your tires. If you're itching to spend money, start by getting decent tires, and keeping up on have good tires each season. Keep an eye on wear, where and how your wearing will tell you where to improve in riding (or maintaining the bike as well) too, as well as when to replace your tires. So again, if you want to blow money on something to help you feel more confident in improving your riding skill, buy something like Pirelli Diablo Rosso II or III's, Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's, Bridgestone S21's, Dunlop Q3's, and when you wear them down replace them long before your run out of tread, rule of thumb if you ride regularly is once a season.

Good luck, have fun, and get seat time in.
Hey ninjabraah

Check on rear preload adjustment. Already done with the tool that came with the bike. Not sure if it's just in my head but adjusting rear sag and having proper air pressure felt like it helped with handling noticable.. If I remember correctly.. I felt like my rear was 'slipping' or sliding around a bit but that seemed to have been reduced. This could be all in my head..
jp8484 is offline   Reply With Quote