Old November 19th, 2017, 03:06 PM   #20
jp8484
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Wow.

A new rider who doesn't immediately go to a loud exhaust or "I NEED a bigger bike! Thinking R6!" as the first things on the upgrade wish list?

Good advice above. Tires first. Then suspension.

Personally I never had a problem with the stock gearing. I like to say the party starts at about 9,000 rpm, and the bike will run all day long at those kinds of revs. I put 12k or so on mine, rode it like I stole it, and was never unhappy.

I did do clip-ons and rearset adapters on mine, but for ergonomic reasons. I found the more aggressive position more comfortable. That bike was never ridden on the track.
haha thanks adouglas!

my first reaction WAS louder exhaust and faster bike (back on kijiji after 2 weeks) but after thinking this over and since I can't change the bike for another 2 years, I want to work on my ninja with some sensible upgrades.. haha
I'm fine with stock exhaust.. could be prettier but quiet enough not to piss off the neighbours and it's loud enough when reving high.. tunnels and under the bridges etc.

If I don't hang out with guys with liter bikes, I'm good.

I think I'm gonna take the advices from you guys and perhaps do things in this order.

Steelbraided front brake line (already purchased)
R6 throttle tube
Tyres (Michelin RS or something.. recommended by my local shop. I think it's cheaper than diablo corsa rosso whatever)
15T front sprocket

Gonna ride in that setting first and decide on the front fork springs I guess. I could also go on a diet to match the current spring setting..

thanks guys!
jp8484 is offline   Reply With Quote