View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[sportrider - latest stories] - AMA Barber Motorsports Park superbike provisional qua

AMA Barber Motorsports Park superbike provisional qualifying—Hayes on pole

Monster Energy Graves Yamaha rider continues dominance with only lap in 25s; May, Bostrom, Herrin complete front row, Young crashes at session’s endLEEDS, AL, JUNE 22 – Monster Energy Graves Yamaha’s has won a lot of Superbike races, but none at his home track of Barber Motorsports Park. Judging from his current streak of AMA wins and qualifying effort, that’s likely to change in Saturday’s first race of the Triumph Superbike Classic.

“It’s not even about the streak, quite honestly, it’s just about winning races,” Hayes said after qualifying on the provisional pole with a lap of 1:25.696 . Hayes has won the previous three AMA Superbike races, and five of the last six, while building up a 20-point cushion on rival Blake Young, the Yoshimura Suzuki rider who crashed at the end of qualifying at Barber.

“This is a track that I have to almost consider home being from Gulfport, Mississippi. This is the closest national track we’ve had to home for the last ten years. This year we’re going to add one a little bit closer (the season-ending NOLA round at New Orleans in October). The very first year that we came here I won my first AMA pro championship,” the 2003 Superstock championship. “I got second in the race, but I brought home my first championship. Then 2009 I had a pretty miserable year here on a Superbike, my first year on a Yamaha Superbike. 2010 I had some good races. I think we had some weather in one of them and Tommy (Hayden) beat me, though. And then because this was always a good track for him. Again I cruised around and I was able to bring home a championship.

Photo Gallery: AMA Barber Motorsports Park superbike provisional qualifying—Hayes on pole - Sport Rider Magazine

AMA Barber Motorsports Park superbike provisional qualifying—Hayes on pole | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

Click here for full story...