View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2017, 02:00 AM   #4
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Demonic,
Glad to have you with us and WELCOME! I believe you have answered your own question in your post. She wont pull till you get enough RPM to pull the CV's in which adds fuel. Your description of the condition of the carbs was extremely graphic and holds the answer. Since this bike has a small displacement motor, the carbs are small and so are the passages and jets. You either knocked the floats out of adjustment or there is still stuff blocking the idle jets. You should pull the carbs again and confirm the float level is correct (idle goes dry first with low fuel) then recheck the idle passages. You may have to take a single strand of copper out of a piece of wire and run it thru the tiny openings. I have had good luck soaking the carbs (minus the rubber diaphrams) in SEA FOAM for a couple of days. My carbs were not as bad as yours but that stuff eats the gunk that gets stuck in there and makes it soft enough to get sucked out while running. Using the strand of wire to make a passage way for the cleaner to get into the most intimate places helps a lot.

Good Luck and let us know how you make out!
DUCATI999
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote