View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2016, 09:00 AM   #283
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Ah, be nice to have towers that close. Mine are 60+ miles away and picking them up is hit or miss. Pretty much have given up on OTA TV, *le weep*

Netflix popped up last week, telling me it thought I would like Skin Wars. I am SO not into the whole reality show thing (puh-lease!) but it is really neat seeing the body paint creations these artists make on or out of their models. So like all reality shows that have an interesting topic, I just ignore the "drama" since it's all staged anyway.

Almost finished, but one of those more touching episodes they've done is one called "Survive and Thrive", where the artists were tasked with painting breast cancer survivors. First challenge was to paint "about" their models, to tell their story. Second challenge was to create a painting showing how these women are warriors.

Probably the coolest reality show I watched (which is possibly why Netflix keeps suggesting them) was ABC's The Quest. The story was 12 normal people get transported to a different realm where they must compete to prove themselves the "One True Hero" to save the kingdom. There was some minor drama, but overall it was a TV show about a bunch of geeks getting to play in the ultimate RPG. Instead of a host, the contestants interacted with a few actors who had the tough job of keeping the story moving forward and improving in character to whatever the contestants did.

I would LOVE a second season of that one!
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote