ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXKronicfoolXx View Post
Its cool, I expect some to dis....
Not tryin to be an A**hole, just tryin to be real.

Most people who post about projects like this have no idea what actually is needed for such a project to be done. I've seen more than a few posts like yours from people wanting to do an engine swap, or add a turbo, or whatever. A lot of times it's their first post, like yours, and then they are usually never seen or heard from again.

If you do have the ability and knowledge to complete such a project then more power to you. Just don't expect a step by step instruction booklet on how to make it happen, and don't just expect to swap engines and call it a day. This isn't a project that many have done. Maybe there's a reason, or many why.

- The Ninja 250's frame isn't very stiff and is only adequate, at best, for the stock motor that puts out less than 20 lb/ft of torque. The 650 puts our more than twice that, and would probably twist the 250 frame to a pretzel without substantial reinforcement.

- While you can replace the stock shock with a better one you might as well just swap the entire swing arm for a better one. Then you'll be able to run a better tire than the 250 can take. Oh, and I doubt the stock 250 swing arm would hold up to the added power for very long. The pretzel thing again.

- You'll have to swap the fork for something more heavy duty too. Something with dual discs, cause if your adding extra go power you should be adding extra stopping power too, right. Unless you want the bike and rider both to be turned into a pretzel

-Then there's all the little details. Like intake and exhaust. Getting all the electrical stuff to work, and about a million other little things.

Then finally, after all that. You'll have a bike that probably cost you way more and wont be as good as the stock 500 or 650. It also wont be worth more than the value of its' parts cause nobody's gonna want to buy your frankenbike. Not to mention all the time that you could have just spent riding.

I'm sorry, I just can't help but to look at things from a logical standpoint.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote