View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2016, 02:13 PM   #1
sickopsycho
One ugly son of a gun.

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250

Got a few tech questions for you masters...

I'm trying to get my 2007 ninja road ready since I just bought it and don't know the maintenance history. I've done the valves, tightened chain, changed plugs/oil,filter, etc. Basically all of the maintenance that is suggested by my milage (~17k). Got the bike put back together and now it runs like crap. It idles fine but bogs down big time when I give it gas. Seems like a dead miss on one cylinder and almost even two sometimes. The closest thing I can compare it to is when my catalytic converter was clogged in my jeep. I can spin the engine up to high rpms standing still, but when under load and I give it gas (pretty much anything over 4k rpms) it bogs down so heavily it wont accelerate. Any ideas there? I installed a fuel filter between the petcock and the carb, it stays full of gas. I thought at first maybe its not flowing enough gas, but I can't imagine I would have drained the carb bowls that quickly.
My next question is about a couple of plugs under my tachometer- there is a white with black stripe wire and a black with green stripe wire in the harness, looks factory, but the plugs aren't plugged into anything. Any idea what these go to?
My final question is a recommendation. Are the LED headlamps any better than the standard lights? I would like to get one if it is brighter, plus using less juice and creating less heat is also a plus. Which one would you suggest if so?
Thanks for any help in advance, I'd really like to get the bike running right. I ordered a carb rebuild kit for the carbs- I'll jump into that if need be, but it almost feels like there is a short in the ignition? IDK. Thanks-
sickopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote