Old October 5th, 2016, 02:30 PM   #2
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickopsycho View Post
I'm trying to get my 2007 ninja road ready since I just bought it and don't know the maintenance history. I've done the valves, tightened chain, changed plugs/oil,filter, etc. Basically all of the maintenance that is suggested by my milage (~17k). Got the bike put back together and now it runs like crap. It idles fine but bogs down big time when I give it gas. Seems like a dead miss on one cylinder and almost even two sometimes. The closest thing I can compare it to is when my catalytic converter was clogged in my jeep. I can spin the engine up to high rpms standing still, but when under load and I give it gas (pretty much anything over 4k rpms) it bogs down so heavily it wont accelerate. Any ideas there? I installed a fuel filter between the petcock and the carb, it stays full of gas. I thought at first maybe its not flowing enough gas, but I can't imagine I would have drained the carb bowls that quickly.
My next question is about a couple of plugs under my tachometer- there is a white with black stripe wire and a black with green stripe wire in the harness, looks factory, but the plugs aren't plugged into anything. Any idea what these go to?
My final question is a recommendation. Are the LED headlamps any better than the standard lights? I would like to get one if it is brighter, plus using less juice and creating less heat is also a plus. Which one would you suggest if so?
Thanks for any help in advance, I'd really like to get the bike running right. I ordered a carb rebuild kit for the carbs- I'll jump into that if need be, but it almost feels like there is a short in the ignition? IDK. Thanks-
The blank plug is an accessory power lead. Empty from the factory. White is positive, black is negative. There's one under the tail also.

is the vacuum line for the petcock tight and the hose in good shape? What kind of fuel filter and is it installed in the correct direction? Any garbage in it?

RacinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote