View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2016, 02:41 PM   #3
sickopsycho
One ugly son of a gun.

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinNinja View Post
The blank plug is an accessory power lead. Empty from the factory. White is positive, black is negative. There's one under the tail also.

is the vacuum line for the petcock tight and the hose in good shape? What kind of fuel filter and is it installed in the correct direction? Any garbage in it?
Good to know on the power lead. Actually, that should come in handy as I replaced the front turn signals. The ones on there were aftermarket, 2-wire. They only blinked. The ones I put on are 3 wire, they have running lights and blinkers. I can use that lead to power the running lights, then the setup I have for the blinkers.
The fuel filter was a cheap-o amazon find. Outlaw Racing part#OR2210 . It's rather small, but there is no trash in it. I suppose I can remove it and run a line directly like the previous setup and see if that clears up the issue easier than removing and cleaning the carbs, but that is in the plans anyway. Want to do the airbox mod and take a look at the jetting. The bike has a K&N filter (the one that goes in the box with hoses that attach to the 2 air inlets, not pod filter) and a slip-on 2 brothers straight pipe exhaust. I rode it when I bought it and it was fine, so it's a recent development. Still would like to see what's going on in those carbs, though.
Vacuum line to the petcock was in good shape when I last had the tank off, I'll go take a look at it now.

Last futzed with by sickopsycho; October 5th, 2016 at 02:42 PM. Reason: forget to mention something...
sickopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote