View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2016, 02:49 PM   #4
Wanderer
ninjette.org member

Name: Ruben

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 1991 Yamaha Virago XV750

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickopsycho View Post
I'm trying to get my 2007 ninja road ready since I just bought it and don't know the maintenance history. I've done the valves, tightened chain, changed plugs/oil,filter, etc. Basically all of the maintenance that is suggested by my milage (~17k). Got the bike put back together and now it runs like crap. It idles fine but bogs down big time when I give it gas. Seems like a dead miss on one cylinder and almost even two sometimes. The closest thing I can compare it to is when my catalytic converter was clogged in my jeep. I can spin the engine up to high rpms standing still, but when under load and I give it gas (pretty much anything over 4k rpms) it bogs down so heavily it wont accelerate. Any ideas there? I installed a fuel filter between the petcock and the carb, it stays full of gas. I thought at first maybe its not flowing enough gas, but I can't imagine I would have drained the carb bowls that quickly.
-
Just so I understand, was it running fine before you did the maintenance? If so, I would question the valve adjustment...

Did you have to actually adjust the valves?
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote