View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2016, 02:55 PM   #5
sickopsycho
One ugly son of a gun.

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Just so I understand, was it running fine before you did the maintenance? So, if so, I would question the valve adjustment...

Did you have to actually adjust the valves?
That's correct, but I'm pretty sure I did the valves right. I've done them plenty of times on another motor. I shot for the "loose" end of the spec, as they tighten over time and I'd rather a little noise then a blown motor. I found 1 intake and 1 exhaust to be out of spec on each cylinder, and those were the only ones I adjusted.
I was looking at my fuel filter install and saw that the hose has a slight kink in it where it turns up to the petcock, I wonder if the engine is getting gas-starved? I will replace that whole setup with a straight run of fuel line tomorrow to see if it solves the problem. The kink is ever so slight, I don't see how it wouldn't flow enough gas to keep the bowls full, but it seems like it's either not getting fuel or it's not getting spark. Not sure which, but since it seems to happen under full or heavy throttle and specifically at higher rpm, and seems to start with 1 cylinder missing then possibly both- i'm leaning towards an extremely lean condition due to possible gas starvation. Not a pretty sight, I will do the hose swap tomorrow and report back.

Any thoughts on the LED headlamp replacement?
sickopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote