sickopsycho
One ugly son of a gun.

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
It looks like this (two raising washers shown):

Ahhhh...
Well, hell. I guess if I'm using non-stock needles then I have no baseline to start, huh? Guess I just need to find a pair of stock needles. =\
I got my airbox out. I used the "unscrew the 2 halves and yank the thing out" method. It came out through the top with little trouble. I've got it soaking in the sink now, it's pretty dirty inside and out.

So I'm gonna cut the battery box off then get it put back in. I'm just gonna toss these needles back in and when I get the correct clip start in the middle and work from there. If I have them matched at least I should be able to get it running properly. If not, I'll get the right needles. It kind of makes sense though, now that I'm thinking about it. The way the shims were in there, it's like maybe one cylinder was super lean while the other was drowning in gas. It idled fine and low end was ~ok... but any full throttle bogged it down, and it wouldn't even keep me going over about 5k rpms, no matter what gear I was in. I hope this solves it. You guys rock- thanks for the input. =)
In other news, it's raining sideways here in NC. Hurricane Matthew is blowing through as we speak. Time for a beer and put this thing back together. At this point the carbs will come off easy enough and I can even get to the needles without removing them at all. awesome sauce. =)
sickopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote