View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2017, 10:30 AM   #1
vbetts
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250

Toledo 250 rider!

Hey hey, just signed up here because there seems to be an abundance of people that know a thing or two about Ninjas!

2006 Ninja 250, 2400 miles on it, few cracks and rashes in the fairings and paint, but not much I have to do to it!
What I've done so far
Fluids changed, chain cleaned, cleaned up the bike a little bit, carbs jetted and synced, and new spark plugs. The kid before me also put too long of a bolt for the fairing on the tank so...Had to seal that so I wouldn't leak gas!
Plans for the bike
I don't have a good picture of it all, but there are a few cracks in the fairings. Namely the cowling by the cluster, there's a crack right down the bend on the right under the windshield I have to seal and repair. Need a better set of mounting bolts for the plastics as well.

The turn signals are going to be changed to flush mount ones I have ordered from Revzilla, I have them I just have not gotten to them yet and probably will not for another week or two. Going to chop the fender, and mount the turn signals on a bracket with the license plate for now but later I do plan on putting the turn signals in the 2 empty lamps in the rear at some point.

Tires! Pirelli when I get a chance and some money to order them! Going to putting a strip around the rims, but not sure what color yet...

I think I am going to go with black for the plastics, but leave the tank red. My plan is to have 2 red stripes running through the middle of the front cowling, and where the red stripes would be on the red gas tank it's going to be black instead.

Exhaust! I very much dislike the look of dual exhausts, so I have a spare set of headers off a pregen 250 I'm going to mod into a single system. I also have a 2 brothers slip on from a dead Katana 600 I have to throw on.

And then some small things, grips, shorty levers, new pegs, little things.

I'm used to riding a little bit bigger bikes, but I'm liking these smaller bikes way better. I'm not that tall so even a Katana 600 is a little big for me, too tall lmao. I don't need all that speed, plus for what I'm spending on gas on this thing I can't complain! Got it for a decent price, and excited to get some work done on it.
vbetts is offline   Reply With Quote