Old September 16th, 2021, 07:33 PM   #5
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Safety wire's tough sh*t!!! There's no way it could've broken off inside carb. It was poked in too far and slipped in. Then wasn't or couldn't be retrieved, so they just left it!!! EEEeeeediots!!!

As mentioned many times before, carbs aren't "easy". If you can't do full refurb and restoration back to factory-fresh clean condition, send it to ducatiman who can.
I'm going to disagree here. Safety wire only bends so many times before it breaks. Get it too jammed and it will also break, depending especially on the diameter.

The reason I say this is that the wire is in the passage from the head side (A/F screw side) to the pilot jet. The ONLY way for the wire to get in there is to have it shoved through the air jet in the carb mouth across the jet opening OR to shove it up the jet and have it bend over and head that way and then break. In other words, Ducatiman is a better and more patient man than I for taking them in trade to fix them by drilling out a plug and fishing it out.

In other news, hot diggity these carbs from DucatiMan are gorgeous! Even "special Edition" with some powder coated parts. Back in business!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210916_192237.jpg (50.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20210916_192246.jpg (49.3 KB, 9 views)

RacinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.