View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2021, 05:19 PM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok cool ! thanks for the replies guys !!!
what I usually do is choke on full for about 30 seconds when it starts climbing toward 3k RPM
and then I back it off till it idles around 2k rpm....
after about a minute I'll shut the choke all the way off and see if it'll take throttle, usually it will stumble when I crack the throttle so I give it a bit of choke and wait a bit more.....
after another minute I'll do the same again and it usually will take throttle without stumbling and she's good to go...
by then I can feel the heat rising from the engine so I know it should be warm enough.
But on cold days i have to do that 1 minute thing about 3 to 5 times before it won't stumble.
it's not a start it let it idle for a minute and take off thing, as it will stumble if I do that.
( flat spot when opening the throttle) ...but it should be I can tell by the way the bike behaves that the carbs must be dirty !
....but it runs the way it is right now and winter is on the way... so there will be plenty of time to pull the carbs off when it's too cold to ride, as I am retired, and I don't ride in the cold !... I froze my tokus off when I was younger, I don't have to do that now ! LOL
later !
Bob.....