View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2018, 10:11 AM   #22
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zww1019 View Post
I Checked voltage on yellow/red going into starter relay, no Voltage while pressing ignition or not (with key turned on). I did get 12.3V from the white wire going into the starter relay, and 12.3V bypassing starter relay. Also got 11V from the wires in the back of the ignition switch.
Ok, at least we know that problem is starter-solenoid is not getting activation signal from start-button circuit. White wire connects directly to battery +terminal so it should have power at all times. It feeds power input to ignition switch. If voltage dropped 1.3v in getting to ignition switch, you've got wiring problems.

Quote:
0.00ohm (or 0.L) from kickstand switch with kickstand up or down (1.2V).

0.00ohm (or 0.L) for clutch lever switch with clutch lever in or out

0.00ohm (or 0.L) from neutral switch when in gear or not. This one did fluctuate on Ohm a little before settling to 0.00Ohm after a couple seconds.
Now idea behind switch is that it changes states when ON or OFF. So switches should change readings when you flip them if they were working properly. It's highly unlikely that all three of these switches would be broken at exact same time. We can only conclude:

1. you are using meter incorrectly to measure resistance (ohms) and/or...
2. you are connecting to wrong terminals to test these switches.

First, review this video on how to use multimeter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLkPtmnglOI
What brand & model multimeter are you using?

Quote:
Edit:
I should mention that while all my dash lights work, and I can start my bike by jumping the starter solenoid, my headlights don’t turn on (even after replacing the fuse). I’m not sure if that helps at all
This is good test of your multimeter skillz:

1. pull headlight fuse and measure resistance between legs. How many ohms?
2. pull low-beam headlight bulb and measure resistance of bulb. How many ohms?

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; July 4th, 2018 at 10:21 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote