Old September 24th, 2018, 01:28 PM   #139
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
Great to read up on your success. Keep your head clear when you re-do your class and don't get frustrated. You can pick up an unscratched stock muffler on Ebay really cheap and replace the frame sliders over the winter and she(he?) will be like new next season along with your shiney new license!
I'm going to try my hardest to keep my head clear and not let things get to me this time around. I've done what I can to make sure my anxiety level is lower at this class. A coach more in tune with what I need, riding my own bike, getting ride time in on the weekends to raise my confidence level. That's been the biggest thing for me. Getting my confidence back up. On a scale of 1 to 10, I started out around 8. The BRS dropped me to zero. It was a hard blow to take. Chris got me up to around 7 or so and I just keep on working on it to get my mental state where I need to be. That seems to be my issue with the right hand turns from a stop. It's a lack of confidence. That one drop I had got in my head. I can do the turns but I go wide. A new riding buddy that I went out with on Sunday I should try them from further back, but that I also just need to commit to it and do it.

On a good note, I don't get the butterflies before I go out anymore I noticed that this weekend. I know I can ride, I know I can keep improving, and I know I'll keep having a blast doing it. I just keep reminding myself that aside from Mid O, I've really only ridden my bike 5 times now. I don't count that teeny bits I did on my street. I'm a newbie, I will make mistakes, and that's ok. I will learn from them and keep getting better as I put more miles on Takara.

the frame slider and muffler aren't bothering me. I was kind of shocked at how it didn't even bother me intitially. I looked at Chris right after it happened and was like "I don't care about the bike...." I don't remember what else I said, just that I was mad at myself, not mad about the bike being scuffed up. It's more important to me to get the rear sets and adjustable levers done before I head out your way.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote