View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2019, 08:58 PM   #5
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
I've tried weighting-pegs and using body-weight to force bike to lean and it stubbornly continues in straight line with barely noticeable change in direction.
The person from YCRS who critiqued my review mentioned he had a video of navigating a canyon with his hands off the bars. First I'm curious how he kept speed (cruise control?) and what his pace was. I asked to see the video -- regardless of those factors it'd still be interesting IMO; I'd also love to see him on the NoBS bike.

Quote:
Weighting the inside pegs (Body Steering) is another way to initiate lean which also initiates a turn but it is not counter-steering. Because body steering keeps pressure/weight off the arms when done right, it allows us to fine tune our turns better which is why most Champions put more focus on body steering (in combination with the brakes) as it is more of a scalpel. Make sense? I have a video somewhere of me going down a super-twisty road with no hands to disprove that counter-steering is the only way to steer a motorcycle.