View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2018, 05:23 AM   #31
THusker
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Re-read your second ride post and have a comment.

You're working on one of the more difficult skills, namely riding the bike at very low speed. It's good that you're doing that, but it can get frustrating if you feel you have to master that before picking up the pace.

Think about riding a bicycle. Which is easier... riding it as slow as you can, or riding it at speed? When you were learning to ride a bicycle, did you spend a lot of time riding so slow you were about to fall over, or did you just GO? Same deal.

The amount of time you spend at very low speeds is minimal compared to regular riding. But stick with it... you do need to be able to handle the bike at a walking pace from time to time.
Totally agree! I am probably just a couple steps further along than you are with about 800-1000 miles since starting out in March. On my sunrise Memorial Day ride I had to do a little U turn to go back to the house. And wasn't as steady as I should have been. Took about 5 min before I took off again practiceing slow speed maneuvers. Going fast on easy runs makes the slow speed skills rusty.
THusker is offline   Reply With Quote