adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
thanks so much for your helpful input. If your reading comprehension skills were up to par, you would have realized that I said I was afraid to start her back up and get her up the gravel that way because I didn't want her to get away from me while walking next to her up the gravel. Plus, never having ridden before now, I'm not just going to hop on her and see how she feels going up the gravel and then hitting the lip of the parking pad. Thanks again!
Walking the bike up the ramp while feathering the clutch is how I load my track bike. It's far more likely that you'll drop it than that it'll "get away from you." After all, the moment you let go of it it'll stall, right?

Riding up an incline can be tricky if you can't touch the ground. It's not the time when you're on the slope or the lip at the top that's the issue... it's that moment at the bottom when the front wheel is on the slope and the rear is still on level pavement. Your reach to the ground suddenly, but briefly, goes way up. Have to get past that without losing momentum.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote