Old May 31st, 2018, 02:12 PM   #39
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Walking the bike up the ramp while feathering the clutch is how I load my track bike. It's far more likely that you'll drop it than that it'll "get away from you." After all, the moment you let go of it it'll stall, right?

Riding up an incline can be tricky if you can't touch the ground. It's not the time when you're on the slope or the lip at the top that's the issue... it's that moment at the bottom when the front wheel is on the slope and the rear is still on level pavement. Your reach to the ground suddenly, but briefly, goes way up. Have to get past that without losing momentum.
By "getting away" I meant that or dropping her, neither of which I wanted to chance. I just wasn't ready to try at that moment. I do have times where things scare me occasionally or I don't think I can do it.I wasn't feeling particularly confident at that moment after a disappointing practice session. I'm not perfect. I can take constructive criticism, I just don't need snarky comments about my actions as I begin this journey of learning my bike and having a good time with her. When I first read that comment before work this morning, I wanted to be a hell of a lot less polite in my response.
@adouglas I just wanted to clarify, I meant the comment from mst, not anything you've said. You've been a great help

Last futzed with by Koala; May 31st, 2018 at 02:56 PM. Reason: clarification
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote