View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2018, 10:26 PM   #22
MLR
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

I'm a arse hat, when it's safe to do so.

I love the feeling of speed and balls out acceleration and risk, or even percieved risk.

If I'm feeling comfortable in an activity then I'm not pushing, it's still fun, but only to a point, if I'm pumping adrenaline my fun level is way up.

This is not to say I don't do those little risk assessments in my head constantly and use some form of commonsense.

Do I break the speed limit, all the time, do I push myself to a pucker point, yeap.

If you are not having fun, your a commuter IMO, if I am having fun, someone holier than thou will call me a arse hat.

Stones and glass houses is a term that comes to mind in alot of these situations.

Some people are scared of risk, being risk adverse is a sad way to live your life, and actually counter productive at times.

In the end there will always be idiots who push past the abilty of themselves or their equipment on the street, it happens all the time at the track though, you don't win buy not pushing and taking risks, I like to be a arse hat who sees 9/10ths when ever I can, that is my 9/10ths though, I know my limit, I'm not that good, I could be better, but I've got more things going on in my life.

If that ends me, so be it, I won't be happy about it, but that's life, everyone eventually is going to die, though I've got more of a chance of some idiot killing me, or dying from work.
MLR is offline   Reply With Quote