View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2016, 10:42 AM   #13
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
The stock Ninja mirrors were so stupid short that I kept having people surprise me by suddenly appearing next to me as they passed. I bought the longer 650 mirrors and ride much more aware of what's around me.

I angle the right mirror to look straight back with a hair off to the right side so that I can see when I fully pass a car. I angle the left one to show mostly the lane to my left with just a hair straight back. Between the two, I have a mostly fully view behind me and to my left.

I like keeping an eye on people behind me, knowing if they are coming up way to fast or wanting to pass. Since it pisses me off so much when a slow driver/rider doesn't get out of the way, I make sure I am not that person and always let someone around when safe for me to do so. I also like keeping an eye on anyone I am leading so I don't lose them, so I can match their speed and keep them in sight, and so I can make sure they are riding ok and not getting in trouble.

On the Honda the mirror placement is awesome and gives me a much better view of the situation around me. I love knowing if a 4x4 is coming up behind me so I can get out of their way while I am learning how to ride off road. Though whomever designed the dual nut locking gizmo on the stock was a moron. *rolls eyes*
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote