Thread: Turbo install
View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2015, 03:26 AM   #136
swarfman64
Master modder

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): TURBO gpx250 99 CB250/500rs Sherco290 Trials Indian 1911big base (replica)

Long awaited update.
I finally finished the dyno, tuned my cafe racer and loaded the ninja on ready to finalize this turbo project. Within 10 minutes of running, watching sensor outputs etc i found a major problem. My map sensor reads differently to the actual manifold pressure. Both are tapped from the same port but the map sensor shows eg 750hpa when I have 3 psi(1232hpa) boost. I swapped and tested sensors and gauges with the result being a software/filtering issue.
This is why the bike has been impossible to tune and it is only with the ability to run the bike on the dyno while watching data that I could find the problem.
A quick email with the data to ecotrons gave me a solution... with there reply..... no support unless you pay $250 us dollars. Wow, my solution is to remove there crap kit and fit a whole new management system. They have a very comprehensive system but with poor throttle body's, poorly crimped wiring, little or no data/manual for all functions and next to no support..... I'm dun, out, finished with them.
So, the project is still all go, I may try a modded factory efi system or something else. I've spent nearly $2000 Ausi bucks on the ecotrons crap so I've already overspent, and there is a limit to this project. Blow through carbs is an option too. So no dyno figures yet, I'm ding the best I can in between work and life. Cheers
P.S. If anyone in the world purchased the ecotrons turbo ninja efi kit and made it work please let me know.
My guess is There turbo kit was NEVER a reality. (rant)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5509.jpg (84.2 KB, 7 views)