View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2019, 10:40 PM   #27
fastfrank
ninjette.org member

Name: Frank

Motorcycle(s): 1999 ZRX1100, 1983 GS1100ES, 1978 KZ750 Twin, 2013 GW250

Getting there

Been riding my resurrected ZRX with reworked stock carbs, etc.
I still need to sync the carbs, and adjust the valves, and apparently richen my pilot jets (or take a few discs out of my Supertrapp), since it is popping at idle and decel. Above the pilot range, however, it is dialed in and pulling hard, with no flat spots. Getting there. But I’m already thinking about swapping in my CVK40 carbs (36 is stock), and I’m definitely dropping in my ZX11 cams when I do the valve shims.

I broke down and ordered new VM34 carbs for my KZ750. I just don’t get along with the weird BS38 stock carbs that install jets in the float bowls. I know most of my issues are probably due to a deteriorating “Kreem” treatment of the tank before I bought it... with the ethanol in the gas, and an occasional dose of fuel treatment, it is not in great shape. I’m actually running two inline filters in series, but they don’t seem to catch the emulsified gooey gunk that will clog the pilot jets and probably other orifices. If I keep a high idle, it actually runs pretty well, though (for now).

Been trying to install a new +1 front sprocket on the GW250 (Inazuma), but I couldn’t break loose the 30mm nut, even with a long breaker bar... probably have to heat it.

Just got the VM33 smoothbore carbs back together for the GS1100ESD. Waiting to put them back in until I get the new stator installed (had the wrong gasket), and get a new oil filter and spring. The oil filter cover, which was plumbed for an oil cooler, I just managed to lose the nuts for. I do have some wingnuts that size, though... may as well. I also have a lost Progressive shock. Driving me nuts.
Still deciding whether to switch back from the extended swingarm to the stock one. Then I have a big rewiring project for it planned. Lots of work.

Getting there.
fastfrank is offline   Reply With Quote