View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2020, 04:56 PM   #260
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

The antibody test is now available nationwide at Quest/LabCorp/Healthlabs/etc. It's a blood draw, with results back in 24 hrs showing if you have the antibodies for this. $169, but it looks like there's a 10% off with this link:

https://www.healthlabs.com/order?coupon=10offorder

We're going to hold off testing the family yet, as there's no real advantage to knowing that we are negative or positive for these antibodies while we're still homebound for the next few weeks anyway - it's more important for us to have the up-to-date information when that is actually going to change. A positive antibody result now doesn't change any of our allowable behavior, and a negative result now means we might have to take it again to see if we were exposed between now and whenever that point turns out to be. Once we know that things are ramping back to normal (kids going to camp/school, us going to the office at least occasionally, shopping, etc.), I think we could justify getting the tests then.

These are the antibody ("Did I ever have it?") tests, not the swab ("Do I have it right now?") tests. Health insurance might cover this, there is an ICD code for them:

Diagnosis (ICD): B97.89: Unspecified viral infection
Custom Order (SERUM COVID-19 IgG, IGM)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.