View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2020, 07:11 AM   #271
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
I think there are 32 confirmed cases in my low populated rural county in PA. As of this week my county is still on lock down orders... seems a little ridiculous. There is next to no rational being used to make these decisions that effect thousands of people.

The lock down here is a joke, the only thing it is accomplishing is hurting small business and people that need to be working to get by. Is it helping prevent the potential spread of the virus? I find that unlikely. It just takes you a few minutes to go out driving around to see people flooding the big stores that were not forced to close and even the gas stations and local grocery stores ect... Now with that being said, there should be a reasonable number of employee's from these places getting sick which does not seem to be the case. If Walmart employee's can be around several hundreds of people each day and not get sick, small business can do the same and probably better.

I have never seen the local Walmart so busy, the new rules inside the store are only making things worse. I am not sure i have ever seen such congestion and long lines at check out ever before the new rules/guidelines where put into place, it's a joke. I also refuse to believe that your average person is being careful enough to avoid contracting/spreading the virus through their day to day routines while out and about. I myself having experience working in labs and in various BSL's find it next to impossible to do everything with 100% assurance i have not contaminated something, day to day living is just not setup to work that way.

I am not a conspiracy theorist nor do i think this was a hoax or some cleverly orchestrated government plan. I do believe the virus is real, and dangerous, yes. Is it more dangerous than the flu, not exactly, but dangerous for different reasons would be a better way of putting it. I do think this virus really exposed the hospital's inability to handle a rapid influx of patients all needing the same care.

I am willing to bet like others that as the antibody testing gets more common we will see a far greater number of people having had the virus and getting over it just fine without issue. This will obviously lower the mortality rate.

Do i think the lock downs were a bad idea... no, when dealing with an unknown that has the potential to be quite devastating it is most likely better to err on the side of caution than not. However as we gain more knowledge and data regarding the virus we are no longer dealing with an unknown, it is time to make rational decisions weighing the pro's and con's of each choice we make and how they will effect our lives present and future.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote