View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2021, 11:55 PM   #1
Bongzy
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Bongzy

Motorcycle(s): Ex250j

Clicking solenoid

Hi all, I have recently brought a 2008 ninja 250R ex250j

I have a problem where my ignition switch was not working so I removed my barrel and ignition, I have a fully charged battery and I have tried to jump start it, so when I used my battery it cranked over a few times but was no spark because the 100ohm resistor needed for gray wire, I am really stumped as to what is going on I thought it was a dead battery the clicking solenoid reason so I tried to jump start it, and the solenoid is still just making a single clicking Nosie when push to start, I have used a metal screw driver to try bypass the solenoid and it does nothing would anyone have any ideas as to what I should do next?

I am getting 12.4v when trying to start and 12.7 without trying to start, I am getting 12.4v to the starter motor when clicking push to start, but just a clicking solenoid still, as stated I have tried to bypass solenoid but nothing happens when using a screw driver, I have checked all fuses yes including the 30a fuse.

I just ripped the starter motor off and connected it to a battery and it is running fine, it has to be the solenoid right.

Last futzed with by Bongzy; June 23rd, 2021 at 03:58 AM.
Bongzy is offline   Reply With Quote