Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2022, 05:43 AM   #333
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

@Bob KellyIII I really don't know what was wrong with the Triumph. I have taken the carbs off at least 5 times in the last 2 months cleaning them because of it running bad and this time I did absolutely nothing different. I have no idea what did it unless it was the new vacuum caps. The bike came with emissions and the previous owner removed it. It was air injection. It's really easy to delete it. 2 bolts and 4 vacuum caps.

I have a pair of heated Gerbing gloves that retail for close to $300 with the controller and I paid $180 from someone on CraigsList. Biggest waste of $180 ever. The fingertips completely freeze while the rest of your hands roast and sweat. I hate them but I lost one of my North Face roping gloves that worked no matter what the temperature. I was on the way back from Laredo and somewhere in Louisiana I slipped one off on the interstate to do something and it flew away. Needless to say it was 35º and I was still 7 hours from Tuscaloosa. One of the most painful rides ever. They don't make the goatskin roping gloves anymore which really sucks. they were so comfortable and so dexterous with the hand controls.

I was going for the barebones look on the Triumph. you cant see wire anywhere on the bike I wanted it to look like a retro bike with no battery. The stock setup had the battery on the outside on full display and it was insanely ugly, like so ugly.

@DannoXYZ I'm just going off what the four videos I watched on compression testers said, the four different people said the same thing with three different brands of testers. only one person mentioned that the schraeder valve being at the threads of the head gives an accurate reading.

I will connect it to the compressor when I wake up. I've been up for over 26 hours helping the fools at work because they cant survive without me it seems. hire more people. I dont need to be there especially when I show up on my own to help. just ranting though
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote