Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2022, 07:47 AM   #352
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

I don't think its running rich with the 40 pilots. because how it is running now is far beyond better than how it ran with 38s. I initially bought two new 38 jets and it would not idle and it would want to die no matter how much I adjusted the AF screws and shimmed the needles. As soon as I put the 40s in and turned to 2.5 turns it idled right away and didnt stumble.

What got me is the rev range. how long the gears are because of the high redline. each gear feels like its never going to end lol. The Triumph revs to 7500 before it hits the limiter. I am going to buy a performance cdi at some point thats better running all around and starts better in the winter and it raises it to 8500. I'm looking forward to ordering that but for now since the Triumph is running so well I'm not going to mess with it. all my spare change will go to the Kawasaki for the time being. I added it up last night and I think it's going to cost about $600 to order everything for the Kawasaki. I dont see that being that much since I already own the bike and its so low mileage and has no rust. The valve cover has some bubbling but thats the only thing I could find when I lifted the bike on the ceiling winch that had any corrosion at all. I'm just going to paint it black and be done with that.

I did find out I owe back taxes on the bike since its sat unregistered for 4 or 5 years. For some reason my dad was paying for it for 4-5 years while it was under the tarpaulin on the side of the shop
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote