View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2018, 08:47 AM   #1
Haynix
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Question Removing Tribal Decal Adhesive?

TL;DR how to remove leftover adhesive from tribal decals?

Hello ninjas and ninjettes. New member in Durham NC. Just purchased a clean 2007 Ninja 250 for my very first bike. I will post in the New Member section in a few days.

My first order of business was to remove the Tribal Decals. Took a heat gun to it and it was very effective. Some of the spots that I didn't do so well on have left adhesive behind and I'm having trouble getting rid of it. Also the outline of every decal left adhesive.

So far I have only tried Goo Gone Spray, Heat, Razor Blade, plush microfiber towel, and rough cotton towel.

Has anyone had success with other methods?
Trying to keep the paint as mint as possible (it's the darker Red color).
I will continue researching while at work today, but if anyone knows a solid solution it would be much appreciated!

I have available to me:
Heat Gun, Razor Blade, Dremel, various plastic wheel brushes, metal brushes, 800 and 2000 grit sandpaper, A Dual-Action Polisher (Harbor Freight Special )

Paint Thinner (I think acetone?), Chain Cleaner, Goo Gone spray, PB Blaster, WD-40, WD-40 Degreaser, spray Lithium grease, Rubbing Alcohol, Carb Cleaner, Brake Cleaner, Hyd Peroxide, Marvel Mystery Oil, Rain-X, Invisible Glass cleaner, 303 general cleaner, 303 protectant, Armor-All protectant, Meguiar's liquid compound/polish/wax, various microfiber and rough cotton towels, nitrile gloves.
Haynix is offline   Reply With Quote