View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2019, 03:59 PM   #22
cveilleux88
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
1,100 to 1,200 is not a bad idle speed, but bogging when you have a lower idle may mean you could tweak your idle mixture screws a little. Adjust for highest idle speed and maybe just a little richer, and you may find that the bog is gone.
*rake off* lol. this is why I shouldn't reply on my phone. swype get me so much on that..
Appreciate the info tho. I'd feel better if I could have the idle around 900-1k honestly. but if consensus says 11-1200 is fine, then I'm happy where I'm at for now. There isn't much time left in the season here.
One big reason is my carbs are still capped for the mixture screws. I should of drilled them out when I recently cleaned carbs so I could clean the passageways there. Maybe if it becomes a bigger problem when starts getting a little colder I'll adjust them.
One issue I don't like about allot of these idle/air mixture screws is that they are majority of the time located under the carb, requiring a right angle screw driver or a super short screwdriver you made. I lost my super shorty I had in the many moves I've made over the years & messing with those I find it easy to become un-synced if you don't pay close attention to what you are doing.
I'm just trying make it to the winter with this honestly & I'll send them out be professionally & fully taken care of. Its enough of a pain re-attaching the airbox on these bikes after removing the carbs & trying do that minimum as possible. & that's why I'm a fool for not drilling out when I had them out the other night. 8/

*appreciate all the info you guys*love this forum, No Lie*
cveilleux88 is offline   Reply With Quote