View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #106
msebastian
ninjette.org guru

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Very nice! You mentioned an inspection. Is that to get a standard title to replace the salvage title? I've never had to go through that process so I'm unsure of how it works.
In Ohio once a vehicle becomes salvage you must complete all repairs to the vehicle that made the vehicle salvage and take your vehicle along with all receipts for the repairs and have the vehicle inspected. If you pass your inspection than you will be awarded with a certificate of inspection which will allow you to get tags for the vehicle. If you fail your inspection you must complete the repairs that you failed within a certain amount of time or you have to pay the $53 inspection fee again. Your title will always be a salvage title but your vehicle will be cleared to drive on the road. I went overboard with the repairs I made. I could have bought a turn signal and headlight bulb and passed the inspection when I bought the bike and did nothing else. I just figured I might as well do what I want to the bike now before riding season hits instead of doing those things during riding season. My inspection is next Tuesday at 9:45 and if I pass I am going to get my tags and then go off on a nice long ride (if weather permits.) It is going to cost me around $120 just in title fees, registration fees, inspection fees, and tags to get the bike back on the roads legally.
msebastian is offline   Reply With Quote