View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2014, 06:59 PM   #80
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxtc1 View Post
Ah that's cool, I have a 6 tonne press and with a bit of looking sure I can find what I need to push them out/in. I was just wondering if they needed to be machined after fitting. The only problem I see with buying through ebay/inet is they might list as a low mile set, but send one with 50 or 60 thousand kms. putting me in the same boat I am in now. If I buy the sleeves for little more than the cost of a second hand cylinder I will have brand new bores, pistons and rings. I already have the pistons and rings, but am unable to use them as my current cylinder is .50mm oversize. It seems that these oversize pistons and rings are not available as I have been waiting since June last year for them to turn up.
I didn't realize that the oversize rings were that hard to get. They list them in the parts section. I would assume that the new sleeves would be the right size and need only a light honing if anything.

If a guy on ebay sends you a part that isn't what was in the description, then you can get ebay to make him refund you. You can tell if the cylinder is bad or severely worn with the proper measuring tool.