View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2011, 11:58 PM   #12
cuz
cuz

Name: Israel

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
My oil always comes out very black and smells like gasolene. I notice that it turns black again very quickly. Should I be concerned?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerTeufel View Post
Unless you are sending the oil out for analysis, determining how dirty the oil actually is really subjective. If you are going merely off color, some oils turn black rather quickly, while some retain a golden hue for a while. Change the oil at regular intervals and you'll be ok. I like to (while wearing protective gloves) feel how "slippery" the oil feels whilst draining the sump. If there isn't any perceivable grit in the oil and the sump plug isn't fuzzy with metal shavings, all is good to go. You have to remember that the engine and transmission share the same oil, so a lot of the stuff that makes oil look black comes from the clutch plates.
the black sounds normal for were the oil has to pass by but the gas smelling part ayyy mine nerve smells like gas maybe that because I change mine every 300~400 miles yea I know crazy how often do you change it? how is you mpg? runing rich lol idk really
Posted via Mobile Device
cuz is offline   Reply With Quote