View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #2
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb5450 View Post
Hello everyone, I was doing a great deal of research on this forum as well as some others, and even on random websites. I have found conflicting data on what exactly needs to be done if I install a slip on exhaust.

I am considering a Two Brothers slip on. I have read the following:
1. Just install the exhaust and you ear ready to go
2. Install then rejet and or shim the needles
3. Install then after a decent distance ride, check the spark plugs, the color will indicate if further maintenance is required.

Now I have read that some exhausts will indicate that nothing more than an install is required, while others will give more instructions. I’m not sure if this is the reason for the varying information I have found.

I appreciate any help anyone is able to offer.
Donnie
The truth is that no 2 bikes are the same. Some bikes come lean from the factory some come rich. Until you ride with the slip-on installed and feel the bike you wont be able to tell what you need or need not do. An exhaust allows an increased flow of air and makes the mixture a bit lean, thus why some people shim or jet. Checking the condition of the sparkplugs after riding with the slipon will let you evalutate whether you are running rich or lean.

tldr; There is no ONE RULE TO RULE THEM ALL when it comes to slipons on these bikes, that's why you have "conflicting" information