Thread: Just got my R6
View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #33
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Name: Jae

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

Awesome stuff Tri! Congrats!
idk if you have seen any of my recent posts, but after my "accident" on my 250 i bought an 07 cbr600rr and just was never comfortable on it. i sold it last month and bought a beautiful 06 R6 anniversary edition. it had some banged up plastics but i got it for $4400 w only 7k miles on it and the wheels were already powder coated which was a plus. i sold my cbr for 5k and used the difference to replace the plastics that were scrateched and get a couple other small mods.

i gotta second the feeling that you will not want a cbr after the R6. maybe u will, but for me i had to really do some work it felt like to get comfortable hanging off the bike into turns... the R6 when i rode it just felt natural getting my butt off the seat and leaning into turns... also the power of the R6 blows the cbr away. the cbr seemed to have a smooth powerband from cracking the throttle all the way thru with no real oomph. the R6, when you hit 6500 rpm the powerband kicks in and it just pulls.

which r6 forum are you on? im on r6-forum.com as RoninR6

so when you gonna bust out the custom yamaha R6 stickers????