View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2017, 04:14 PM   #27
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
The added bonus of a school is that you get to improve your riding and build your skills WHILE having fun riding on a track. And we go to Barber and COTA so you're set!
Well I just investigated, and it doesn't appear that Pridmore Star school goes to COTA anymore. I know they did once, but now it looks like they are only Cali. So if I wanted COTA or Barber, it looks like CSS might be my only option. And that said, they (or anyone else) may not allow me to run anyway. I would have to check on that.

I mean I can imagine the response: "I had heart surgery and I'm on blood thinners now. If I crash, I may die. Can I come to your school?" So maybe I'll get in touch with someone over the winter.

The other thing that may not go over well is the fact that I'm absolutely not there to learn anything at all. I just want to run the track safely. Learning is pushed so hard, and even more so probably in a school, sometimes at the expense of fun. I'm old, and I've been there and done that with years of track days and racing. About all I would want is for someone to let me know if I'm doing something unsafe and otherwise leave me alone. And I don't want to spend time in a classroom.

The more I think about it, the more this idea of getting to my bucket list tracks seems like it's not going to fly.

But at least i can still get my fill of dragging knee at the kart track. The z125 have proven to be a blast there. Maybe I'll just visit COTA for MotoGP next year.