View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2023, 11:40 PM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

thanks for the effort but that is not anywhere near my bike.... nothing useful there.. sorry to say.
I went to the 2012 section and although there is a ton of information on the bike there I did not see anything on the Vacuum Hoses....
I am wondering if Kawasaki has a diferent manual that shows the vacuum hoses differently or not....
I do Not understand how it cannot work right ! it's obviously got vacuum
or the petcock would not funtion and it does let in gasoline into the filter I can see it trickling in after I start it.....
..... there is ONLY 2 lines that go to the carbs the main vacuum line and the hose for the top of the carb that is a vent to outside air....
you can't get just 2 lines wrong ones bigger than the other so you couldn't confuse them the one that goes to the vacuum port on the left carb goes up 3" and "T"s and goes to the vacuum operated petcock.... the other part of the "T" goes to a bunch of lines going to verious devices for emission control
near the front left side of the engine. and sense I never messed with any of that I can assume everything is like it was....
I guess I will trace down each component that that vacuum line connects to to see if I have a failed component.... but those things are "if in doubt replace it" because they cannot be opened or checked ! pressed together B.S. maybe I can check the small line by blowing or sucking in it and test to see if the diaphragm is good.... a blown diaphragm would lower the vacuum in the line so much that the petcock shouldn't operate... but I have seen strange things before and it is running like the vacuum like is completely off of there.... ....
so if my guess is right I could pull the vacuum line completely off and plug it with my finger and see if it takes throttle like it should... if it does the problem is in that line somewhere.
.... so that is the next step..... tomorrow.
i need to make up an axillary gas tank !

Bob.......