Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrymir69 View Post
I went out and checked a couple of things that I found on searching the forums here.

The clutch cage doesnt seem to be the problem, I did the check and the noise stayed.

Next I pulled the cam chain tensioner. It looks pretty much new. There was no grease on it. But it looks like I am through for the night, because the little set screw for the tensioner was seized in there and i needed to use vice grips to get it loose. Now I have to go buy a screw and dont want to mess with that tonight.

Is it a good idea to replace the tensioner springs?

Anyway. I did the members adjustment instead of the factory adjustment on the valves, and I think I am going to redo it anyway. Someone suggested going the max settings for the valves, I had em right in the middle. So I will go .004 for intake and .006 for exhaust.

Another quick question. If its running to lean, can that cause the valve noise?
Lube that CCT and reinstall.

Don't sweat the gap, some is good enough (engine must be really cold = wait several hours after running).

Noise and lean mix are not related.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote