View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2015, 01:04 PM   #24
srt4evah
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
What do you have in mind for the suspension?

The little Ninjas come with weak fork springs (though the NewGen/300 is least bad). $100 for new springs could help quite a bit, depending on how much you weigh. I like my Ricor Intiminators ($180) but have no track experience. Guys on other forums were comparing them to $1000+ fork upgrades, so I'd say they're at least a good value.

There's some question about the rear spring's rate, but the calculators seem to indicate it's too stiff for the average Ninjette rider. Especially with soft fork springs, that could lead to some wonky suspension action. A GSXR shock (<$50) can be made to fit without a ton of work, and offers multiple adjustments.

I'm not trying to discourage you from buying the proper parts, but there might be some ways to get most of the improvement, while saving quite a bit of cash. Especially without a ton of experience, top-dollar parts may not really even be noticed over "pretty good" budget upgrades.
R&T is Road and Track, a shop in San Antonio that does suspension work. The $1200 is full price with install for front and rear suspension.

Front includes gold valves, springs, seals , fluid, "polishing" of fork tubes, custom damper rod mods etc., rear consists of parts from a GSXR and ZX6R shock with new bearings, spring, etc., basically rebuilt and refurbished and customized for the 300 and my personal preferences.

Not sure the nitty gritty but R&T has done this build plenty of times, they tell me it's been used to win many CMRA races already.
srt4evah is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.