Thread: Bikes & Dating
View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2017, 01:22 AM   #4
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
This doesn't have to do with riding so much as general dating, but anyone who tries to get you to stop can go **** their hat. There are a lot of people uncomfortable with the idea of their significant other doing something so dangerous, but they make it seem like we're playing Russian roulette with 5 rounds. Most people don't mind or are interested in getting a motorcycle of their own, but the few that have a real problem with it and won't tell you until you've invested in them are all assholes. I'm an adult, I accept the risks, I accept the unknown, I don't want to die or end up in a wheelchair either.

You can put your own priorities wherever you want, but for me the only response to "You need to sell your bike," is "No," followed by "Goodbye," if they keep pressing. It's much less about the bike and much more about the principle of the situation; who wants to become involved with someone who doesn't respect them enough to let them make their own decisions?

On another note, when it comes to women who ride, I try my best to give them space if that's the only thing I know about them. I'm not in that situation, but I'd probably get sick of dudes hitting on me all the time, and I've been given the impression that when a woman is into guns, trucks, cars, bikes, or anything "masculine," that's what happens. Hell, I'm tired of all the people coming up to me telling me that they used to ride, had a bike, or the usual mumbled guess of what make it is.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.