Thread: Air Box Mod
View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2019, 02:34 PM   #6
Guaire
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2005 EX250, 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT

DucatiMan - Glad you liked my little vid on the 250 air box.
I overhauled the carbs myself. If I knew how you could work them over, I might have not bothered with them myself. I just checked your links. Hopefully, they'll be ok.
Did you see the RE Continental GT in the background of the air box vid? Here's a GT air box mod,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAUPA27HeUk&t=80s

Here's what I just wrote in the forum classicmotorworks, the best RE forum:

The Fireball 3 has arrived.
The GT is already light: wheels, spokes, frame and suspension. Increasing the power is magnified on this bike with an excellent power to weight ratio. Power to weight is the Ace card. Putting the power of a 500 - 600 lb bike on a 400 lb bike, changes everything. You can't buy this experience at any dealership. [Of course you could if RE would adopt a factory version of the Fireball!]

Next step will be finishing and final set up. That means valve seats, guides, valves, springs, tappets, rocker arms and oiling spigots. The factory job is alright, unless you want to wipe out the reviewers mantra, 'needs power'. ACE fixed everything the factory didn't, so we can say, "POWER".
Later this week our set up mechanic/tech will start on his shift of the Fireball job.

A few years ago, when I was at his shop he helped me a lot. That is, the velocity stack was on the hook in the retail area. He told me the stock coil is a 'usual suspect'. ACE Motors will sell you and anyone, the same DynaTek coil set up as used on the Fireball GTs. Simply, "There's a sound to power. And it's LOUD!"

The Fireball is coming.

Guaire

Here's the URL:
https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/...20474.600.html

Two members to check out there postings:
ACE
Otto

Gimme a honk after you see the stuff.
Guaire

Last futzed with by Guaire; January 2nd, 2019 at 02:36 PM. Reason: change words
Guaire is offline   Reply With Quote