View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2015, 08:35 PM   #170
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
My ride to Donner Summit and Downieville.

Pioneer Monument at Donner State Park, the top of the base is 22 feet, the depth of the snow that winter.

Highway 40 vista point overlooking Donner Lake. This is our snow level this year. Ugh.

Looking towards the historic snow sheds for crossing the Sierra in winter. http://railroad.lindahall.org/essays/innovations.html

Rainbow Bridge

Pulled over to check out this waterfall and found an old water fountain built by a CHP officer sometime prior to 1968.

Stamp mill sitting out in Downieville

Funny story happened in Downieville today. As I walked to the store, I heard a friendly "Hi!" Looking around, no one was on the street. I kept walking and heard "Hello!" Still no one out. I looked up to the second floor balconies on the buildings, and spotted the bird cage. Large green parrot whistled at me. "Hi, birdy!" "Hello!" Friendly bird was greeting everyone that walked by her cage.

As I was sitting there eating my lunch, watching my experience happen a few times to other tourists. The bird also had "Good bye!", her owner's name "Will!", and a few different whistles.

Decided to get a picture of my odometer.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.