View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2016, 12:43 PM   #16
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
My 500 has one stock (CBR, not Ninja). It's nice to have, but I've never used it, and don't really know what would be an appropriate use on a MC, because we're so small we can squeeze almost anywhere to get out of the way.
The earlier EX500 had it too, but it was removed for the latest revision. My first round of this mod used the early EX500 part, which didn't match the right control. The pictured one matches perfectly.

A lot of people feel the same way. I've never actually needed to use it, but I like knowing it's there in case I do. The biggest thing I can think of is stopping during a storm to put on rain gear or something. Having 4-ways on while you're stopped should make you much more visible. Someone else mentioned using them when acting as a sweeper at the end of big group rides.

I got the imperfect one for ~$25 and the pristine matching one for ~$50, so it's relatively cheap peace of mind for me. Others may or may not think it's worth it.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote